Tuesday 10 June 2008

Choice of inkjet papers

Having seen some of Joe Cornish's images printed up on an Epson printer with Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper at the 'Focus' exhibition at the NEC, I took the bit between my teeth and purchased Epson Stylus Pro 3800. As I liked the results with Epson paper I decided to use that for the exhibition.

I did email Michael Kenna to ask what paper he used but he still hand prints all his work on silver paper in the darkroom. The following is the correspondence:

Dear Pat

Thank you for your kind e mail

I don't do any digital! Sorry I cannot help you there. All my work is hand printed in the darkroom on silver paper

There are lots of interviews posted on my website for additional info

All the very best for your work and final exhibition

Michael
________________________________
From: pat@carrhousef.fsnet.co.uk
To: kennaphoto@hotmail.com
Subject: student query
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:32:50 +0100

I have only just become acquainted with your work and I love it.

As a student approaching my final exhibition for a degree in photography and having shot quite a bit on a Hasselblad I wondered if you could tell me what resolution you scan your images and what is your preferred inkjet paper for your prints.

I am particularly interested in the environment and find the Hasselblad particularly good for infinitesimal detail.

I look forward hopefully to your reply.

Thank you

Pat Butler

No comments: